Monday 2 May 2011

Hope

Some poetic/song writing time emerged a couple of weeks ago with Jake. This is the product of some good 2 hours. It's changed slightly to fit with music, but this was the skeleton of the song.

Let's plump up the cushions; but will it mask the foul?
Creating order for you - to win you back somehow.
So we lie picking...wallpaper in our hands
You looked up to the ceiling, why could I not understand
You sat back so quiet, so very to yourself

You're so secret, the taboo, the white elephant in the room
So secret, the taboo, the white elephant in the room

Recurring dream, your single theme is that I, I'm not enough
But I was only waiting for you to see if you'd understand love

I review the setbacks, the crushing defeats.
She said; 'Look how my dress twirls. Watch my dancing feet...
In these tired walls, I ...finely feel free

Though I will dance, and I'll dance, and I will dance...only for me...

Recurring dream, your single theme is that I, I'm not enough
But I was only waiting for you to fall, fall back in love (whatever that is)

Hope, follow me through, follow me in
Never depart for then I have Hope
Never let go

No comments: